Tel: 0845 6522654
The Natural Shop is dedicated
to providing a wide range of eco friendly natural products
which are healthy for people, animals, and the environment.
- We will strive to provide clear up to date information
about which substances are best avoided in mainstream
personal care products.
- There are full lists of ingredients for everything
- All our products are carefully researched to ensure
that they only ever contain ingredients that are proven
safe and effective, with no suspected potential for
human health risk.
- None of our products and are ever tested on animals.
- The vast majority of ingredients come from renewable
natural sources (e.g plant and herb extracts, minerals,
- Products are made using simple processes such as
fermentation, distillation, filtration, and expressing,
without the use of synthetic chemicals that might
affect the purity or purpose of the natural ingredients,
and contaminate the end product.
- Fundamentally, we won't sell anything containing
artificial preservatives (like Parabens, Diazolidinyl
Urea or Imidazolidinyl Urea), DEA or TEA (emulsifiers
and foaming agents), Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate
(detergent), Petrolatum or petroleum-derived substances
(emollients), Propylene Glycol (humectant), Stearalkonium
Chloride (emollient), GM ingredients, artificial colours,
or synthetic fragrances. We largely follow the advice
of Bill Statham in 'The Chemical Maze: Shopping Companion'.
- The majority of our personal care products are 100%
natural. Very often they are organic, and wherever
possible certified organic.
- We will aim for all our products to be 100% natural,
and work towards increasing the number that are certified
- The range has a limited carbon footprint, often
being sourced from manufacturers and distributors
directly without the need for extra transportation
to The Natural Shop.
- We offset the website's carbon emissions through
Coco2. They calculate that the average CO2 output
from a shared server is 0.8 tonnes, so they offset
1 tonne for us.
- The Natural Shop packaging is also environmentally
sensitive, using many materials that are recycled
and/or recyclable. We also re-use incoming packaging
- We perform business electronically wherever possible
to reduce paper usage, and we always recycle all paper,
card, and print cartridges.
- Our manufacturers and suppliers are researched to
ensure that their independently verified practices
both sustain, and have minimal impact on, the environment.
- We will aim to donate a percentage of our profits
to environmental charities/ organisations and CO2
home | products
| about us | search | checkout